I’m feeling funky. No, I took a shower this morning. I’m just in a funk—a rut, if you will.
I always know I’m in a funk when:
I actually growl at people that bug me while walking on the sidewalk
I will actually walk an extra street out of the way just because I’m so sick of passing the same sites everyday
I make faces to myself when I hear the assistant editor’s bracelet clang her desk…every three seconds when she moves her hands to type…
I am just soooo bored at this freaking office that I even Googled, “I’m in a funk.” Here’s what popped up.
Let’s see what it has to say.
Ten Healthy Actions to Get Yourself out of a Funk
By Phylameana lila Desy
Your Guide to Holistic Healing
Whenever I’m in a funk, I feel grumpy and disengaged from life in general. Agree.
Basically, I become lethargic during these periods. Agree.
Usually I go ahead and allow myself to indulge in my funk for a day or two. Hmmm about a week…
Who doesn’t love an occasional pity party? So true.
But, beyond that time period I’m really concerned that I’m headed toward a dark shadow. I’m fully aware that depression could get its ugly grip on me if I don’t turn the corner. Well, that’s a bit heavy. I just need a vacay or for cute boys to buy me drinks. Yes, I’m shallow.
The article continues. Here are her healthy ways for getting out of a funk. For some reason, since she added “healthy,” I doubt they include vodka. This should be interesting.
1. Go for a walk – I’m not talking about a marathon here. I would agree, getting out of the apt is nice…
2. Do a Random Act of Kindness – Stop feeling sorry for yourself and make someone else’s day special. Afterwards, you will both feel better. Unless it’s for a child.
3. Clear out clutter – One of the quickest ways to generate new and fresh energy moving into my space is to clear away stagnant energies by throwing out useless materials. Tossing out trash may seem like work, but it is totally energizing once you get the hang of it. Disagree. Anyone who knows me would know that nothing gets me in a worse mood than sorting out my own crap. Swiffering however…
I’m skipping a few…by the way, co-workers of mine are complaining about how much they hate lima beans and one who is trying to eat healthy was whining that the cauliflower she got from the buffet across the street tasted good but was yellow so it was probably cooked in a vat of butter…..I DON’T CARE…..
6. Hug a Tree – Spending time with nature is my favorite way to feel better. Put on your hiking boots and get lost for a couple hours near a babbling brook. If you can’t get out of town, at least go for a barefoot run through the grasses in your yard. There is no way anyone is hugging a tree unless they have obviously done something to get out of their funk that Ms. lila Desy would not find “healthy”
7. Change your bed sheets – Better yet, go out and purchase a new set of colorful bed linens to brighten up your bedroom. When is the last time you changed your linens anyway? Who told??
9. Spend quality time with a child – Take your niece or—- That’s it. I’m done.
Well, I guess nothing I find on Google will be able to get me out of my funk. But tomorrow is a new day, and tonight’s happy hour is approaching.